Projects and programming include (but are not limited to):
– Educational workshops and presentations to members of Home Owner Associations, Garden Clubs, farmers’ markets and more.
– Resource support and programming support (for school gardens, environmental education and both project-based and problem-based learning experiences.
– Soil Erosion and Control inspectors’ certification and re-certification workshops.
– Urban farming support, including grant opportunities through USDA/NRCS, education and consulting.
– Local and legislative outreach to promote stewardship of natural resources as economic assets for the DeKalb community.
– Youth mentorship activity, such as 4-H events, working with teens in the Atlanta Urban Ecology program, supporting Girl and Boy Scout initiatives and encouraging youth to connect with Nature in “Kids in Conservation” workshops.
For more information on existing programs, or to discuss ways we can support your goals for environmental stewardship, please contact us!